how is it that disney can perfectly animate how snow falls and collides but says that creating and animating different faces for girls is “too hard”
I also don’t understand how they can make the men have different body types and faces but somehow this is too difficult to do for women.
things that are not the same
- a white guy who gets bullied for liking magic cards and a black girl who is bullied for being a black girl
- a girl whose parents do not like her boyfriend because he smokes and a girl whose parents do not like her girlfriend because she is a girl
- a cis person who has trouble finding a job because of the economy and a trans person who has trouble finding a job because of transphobic employment practices
- a cis teen who is kicked out of their home after a series of arguments about chores and and a non-binary teen who is kicked out of their home after a series of arguments about their presentation
- a cis person who feels bad about their weight and a trans person who is dysphoric
- a person who feels upset due to a loved one passing and a person who is suffering from depression
- a person whose parents do not like their friends because of the video games they play together and a person whose parents do not like their friends because of their ethnicity
- a person who uses a cane because they are recovering from a broken leg and a person who uses a cane because of a mobility-related disability
- and more!!
the former are all valid and important problems. it is natural to feel upset about them, and want to talk about them.
it is inappropriate to act as if these problems are equivalent. it is inappropriate to talk about the former problems in response to seeing people talk about the latter problems. it is inappropriate to act as if you have a full understanding of the latter problems because you have experienced the former problems.
doing so erases and excuses the systems of oppression that cause the latter problems. it silences the experiences of marginalized people. it de-contextualizes the latter problems, which isolates the people experiencing them. it shifts the focus of the conversation from the experiences of marginalized people to your experiences. quit it.
i have a total MANcrush on that guy in those MEggings and the GUYliner that’s eating a MANyogurt and probably washes himself with a MANwasher don’t forget i am a MAN haha total DUDE right here being so MANsecure about my MANsculinity i have to add the word MAN into everything i say to remind you
"LGBT" is an acronym which, as we all know, stands for lady gaga, bears, and twinks
what the fuck, how is this equal representation? wheres macklemore